|Software Name: Windows Live OneCare 2.5.2900.28
|Last Update: 27 Nov 2009
|Licence Type: freeware
|Download Size: 1.4 MB
Windows Live OneCare is a popular security tool capable to keep away malicious software from your computer. This software is made by Microsoft and is guaranteed to protect your computer from Trojans, spyware and viruses.Introducing Windows Live OneCare, the all-in-one, always-on PC care service from Microsoft. It works quietly in the background on your computer, so you don't have to worry about nasty interruptions from viruses, spyware, hackers, and other unwanted intruders. It also goes beyond security, regularly backing up all your important files and cleaning up and tuning up your computer to help keep it running at top speed. Because you have better things to do with your PC.
Windows Live OneCare Virus and Spyware Repair Tool
After an install or an upgrade of Windows Live OneCare, the antivirus and spyware component may not start properly. Users are shown a red action item entitled: \"Urgent, Contact Help Center - OneCare virus and spyware protection encountered a problem and cannot start\". This tool will attempt to repair the virus and spyware protection component of OneCare on this computer.
\"Antivirus service could not start\" patch
The patch fixes a problem in the Windows XP startup file (boot.ini) that can affect the Windows Live OneCare Antivirus service and prevent it from starting.
If your computer is affected by this problem, you will see the following Action to Take in the Windows Live OneCare screen:
Turn on Antivirus monitoring (At risk) Windows Live OneCare Antivirus service could not start. (At risk)
The problem typically occurs if a third-party tune-up or user interface modification program changes the startup screen that Microsoft Windows XP displays during the boot process. This changes the default kernel file that Windows XP uses to boot, and can prevent the Windows Live OneCare Antivirus service from starting. The Boot.ini repair tool restores this default kernel file and allows the Antivirus service to start.
All-in-one protection and maintenance
Windows Live OneCare helps protect your computer, and its automated optimization features keep your PC running at its speediest. OneCare even regularly backs up your important files. You get all this in one convenient package:
• Protection Plus, with its antivirus and antispyware scanners, managed, two-way firewall, and integrated anti-phishing technology, helps protect your computer from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, hackers, phishing, and other threats. It runs continuously in the background, but you can scan individual files and folders for viruses on demand simply by right-clicking them. You can even scan attachments you receive via Windows Live Messenger or MSN Messenger.
• Performance Plus regularly defragments your hard disk, removes any unnecessary files that can clog your computer, and helps make sure important security updates from Microsoft are installed efficiently and on time.
• Backup and Restore regularly copies your important files and settings to CD, DVD, external hard disk, network drive, or other data-storage device.
• Instant Support provides online help anytime you need it, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Windows Live OneCare was designed to constantly think about your computer's safety and maintenance--so you don't have to. OneCare communicates the status of your PC's health in the notification area of your Windows taskbar:
• A green icon means your status is Good. Protection Plus features like antivirus, antispyware, and anti-phishing are up to date, and your computer is not due for a tune-up or backup. Windows Live OneCare is running in the background, monitoring your system to prevent threats from viruses and spyware.
• A yellow icon means your status is Fair. Usually this means you have an action to take, such as scheduling or running a tune-up or backup or downloading a noncritical update. A yellow icon means there is no immediate threat to your system, but you should take care of the action as soon as you can to return your system to green.
• A red icon means your computer is At Risk. This can happen if, for example, Windows Live OneCare is unable to update Antivirus with the latest virus definitions because of a lost Internet connection, or if the Windows Live OneCare Firewall is turned off.
Always on and automated
Windows Live OneCare works continuously, automatically, and quietly in the background on your PC, ever vigilant against threats but never in the way, allowing you to have fun and be more productive. OneCare updates itself automatically to counteract new viruses and other threats and works with Microsoft Update to help ensure that your computer is up to date with the latest critical security updates from Microsoft.
Evolves to meet your needs
Windows Live OneCare provides continuous feature updates to subscribers, giving you the latest technologies to help protect you from emerging threats. No more worrying about different versions of your antivirus software. With Windows Live OneCare, you get automatic updates and service enhancements the moment they're released.
What's New in Windows Live OneCare 2.5.2900.28:
|Printed from: http://www.downloadbar.com/Windows_Live_OneCare.htm