The program allows you to recompress your AVI files. The application supports not only files containing audio streams but AVIs without any audio as well. For the time being the program uses only Xvid codec for the recompression process (versions: 1.0.3 or newer). The installation pack contains all required components (the newest versions of: VirtualDubMod, AviSynth and Xvid). AVI ReComp can be very useful for users who want to clear their AVIs out of GMC or Qpel functions to prepare their clips for standalone DVD players. The program contains the feature of embedding subtitles into video. So if you want burnt in subtitles, you can use this software. Additionally the newest versions allow you to add black borders to your movie and place your subtitles on them. You can also adjust all settings for ssa and ass subtitles (style, colour, position).
AVI ReComp enables batch encoding, getting detailed information about AVI files and adding own logo to the movie. You can also change a resolution and aspect ratio of your video clip. The Cropping tool can be used to crop existing black borders or just change video aspect ratio. It is also possible to convert all audio streams of your movie choosing one of available encoding modes (VBR, ABR, CBR) and bitrates. AVI ReComp supports AVIs with the following audio formats: mp3, wav, ac3, dts, ogg. Supported subtitle formats: TMPlayer (.txt), MicroDVD (.txt / .sub), SubViewer2 (.sub), SubRip (.srt), Advanced SubStation Alpha (.ass), SubStation Alpha (.ssa). The program includes multilingual interface (for the time being: Arabic, British, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai and Turkish). Starting with version 1.4.1 ARC is Windows Vista compatible. In the future I'm going to create many new and very useful features.
What's New in AVI ReComp 1.4.6:
- Subtitle script encoding (for ASS and SSA).
- Option to invoke QPel encoding.
- Checking if the selected translation is complete.
- New black borders configuration tool.
- Added time remaining and % completed indicators for the running job.
- Auto-loading option for subtitles with the same name.
- Added a Volume level adjustment tool to the Audio Conversion Module.
- New Dutch translation (thanks to Kareltje538).
- If movie resolution is greater than screen resolution Preview Player now auto resets to screen resolution.
- Added graphics card info to the log file.
- All occurrences of XviD changed to the official name - Xvid
- The volume level in the Preview Player is now saved/restored.
- Improved total RAM detection (log file).
- Source encoder version is now displayed in the "Data" panel.
- Some User Interface changes and improvements.
- Checking dimensions of loaded logo bitmaps.
- Checking Xvid version before each pass.
- Improved and quicker Preview generation.
- Improved logging module.
- Job settings are now saved and restored on the next start up.
- Distinction between MPEG and H.263 default quantisation matrices.
- Improved alignment in custom matrix table cells.
- DTS audio muxing error.
- "Start" button enabled after reloading VirtualDubMod.
- Incorrect system directory detection.
- "Add to queue" button disabled if the target file was specified as first.
- Error message when trying to open the last used directory if it no longer exists.
- Xvids "Unrestricted" profile was used instead of "Home" (Xvid 1.2.1).
- Incorrect preview operation on Dual Monitor systems.
- After adding a new job the "Start" button became enabled during active reencoding.
- Corrupted display of unknown quantisation matrix.
- Incorrect position of some coefficients in custom matrix tables.
- Invisible button for custom quantisation matrices.
- Not existing file reported as incorrect.
- Incorrect translation in the "Shortcuts" window.
- In some circumstances previously used/saved subtitle settings were not restored.
- Untranslated tooltips.
- Incorrect PlayResX and PlayResY in ASS subtitle scripts.
- In some circumstances desktop notifications were not displayed.
1. Miranda IM 0.10.32
2. Skype 184.108.40.206
3. Trillian 5.5 Build 19
4. Yahoo! Messenger 220.127.116.11 Final
5. Windows Live Messenger 2012 16.4.3508.0205