Ad-aware Standard Edition is THE award winning, free (for private use), multicomponent detection and removal utility that consistently leads the industry in safety, user satisfaction, support and reliability.
Ad-Aware is designed to provide advanced protection from known Data-mining, aggressive advertising, Parasites, Scumware, selected traditional Trojans, Dialers, Malware, Browser hijackers, and tracking components. With the release of Ad-Aware SE Personal edition, Lavasoft takes the fight against Spyware to the next level.
With Lavasoft’s all new Code Sequence Identification (CSI) technology, you will not only be protected from know content, but will also have advanced protection against many of their unknown variants. To further protect you, Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition also has the capability to scan and list Alternate Data Streams (ADS) in NTFS enabled volumes. In combination with the new scanning engine, Ad-Aware SE will scan your computer faster and more thoroughly than ever before!
What’s new in Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition 1.06 :
- Disk-scan is approximately 30 % faster
- CSI scan is now more efficient
- Added "Scan for low risk threats" option, to scan for targets with low TAC index
- Ad-Watch CSI engine performance highly improved; using less CPU and Memory
- GUI adapted to use the new TAC
- Freezing during scan (occurring on some systems) now corrected
- Combination of the +silent and +update command line parameters no longer prevents scan completion
- The +nodefnotice command line parameter now suppressing "out-of-date"message on preferences window
- Ad-Watch TrayIcon tooltip indicating the loaded definition file now refreshed when the definition file is changed or updated in Ad-Aware
- Several minor GUI improvements (Ad-Aware, Ad-Watch and Proc-Watch)
- The Extension submenu(s) are now disabled if no extensions are installed
- Average TAC rating for content detected during scan added to the scan-summary page
- Reghance related context menu options in Result and MRU list now updated if status of Reghance installation is modified in the Preferences
- "Risk" replaced by "Relevance" on Object-detail window
- "Vendor" replaced by "Name" (result, ignore and statistic-lists)