McAfee VirusScan Professional 9.0
Size: 18.9 MB
Trusted by individual users and large companies alike, McAfee VirusScan is the world's
premier virus detection and removal solution for a major source of infection: your
desktop and remote machines, as well as handheld devices.
|Buy FULL Version|
VirusScan Professional Edition includes quick cleanup of your PC, complete shredding for privacy, and advanced virus protection for two computers!
New features of McAfee VirusScan Professional 9.0 :
Scanning for potentially unwanted programs
- VirusScan can scan for potentially unwanted programs (including spyware, adware, and dialers) during manual scanning, outbound e-mail scanning, instant messaging (IM), via the Windows Explorer shortcut menu, and via the Microsoft Outlook toolbar icon.
Scanning of large outbound attachments
- To address increased use of broad-band Internet connections and service providers increasing e-mail storage and transmission sizes, VirusScan is now optimized to scan large e-mail attachments without interfering with e-mail program timeout values.
- VirusScan automatically scans inbound (POP3) and outbound (SMTP) e-mail and e-mail attachments for most popular e-mail clients, including Microsoft Outlook, Netscape Mail, Eudora, and Pegasus.
Instant messenger scanning
- VirusScan automatically scans inbound file transfers for most popular instant messaging clients, including Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, and MSN Messenger.
Hostile activity detection
- VirusScan provides ScriptStopper™ and WormStopper™ to detect, alert, and block virus-like activity caused by malicious scripts and worm-like activity.
Automatic file infection cleaning
- VirusScan automatically attempts to clean infected or suspicious files as soon as they are detected.
- You can now schedule automatic scanning at specified intervals to thoroughly check your computer for viruses.
- You can use the Quarantine feature to encrypt and temporarily isolate infected and suspicious files in the quarantine folder until an appropriate action can be taken. Once cleaned, a quarantined file can then be restored to its original location.
Submit files to AVERT
- VirusScan now includes the ability to submit suspicious files directly from the Quarantine feature to the McAfee AntiVirus Emergency Response Team (AVERT™) for research.
Virus Map reporting
- You can now anonymously send virus tracking information for inclusion in our World Virus Map. You can automatically register for this free, secure feature and view the latest worldwide infection rates via the McAfee SecurityCenter