SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded IP, NetBIOS and SNMP scanner with a modern interface and several advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users who are interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network (including system and hidden).
In addition, it allows you to mount shared folders as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port and report back if one is open. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect your local and external IP range. It supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
Features of SoftPerfect Network Scanner 5.2:
- Pings computers.
- Does not require administrative privileges.
- Detects hardware (MAC) addresses even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders (normally invisible on the network) and -write accessible shares.
- Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users.
- You can mount and explore network resources.
- Can launch external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves potentially any information via WMI.
- Retrieves information from remote registry.
- It is absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.
What's New in SoftPerfect Network Scanner 5.5.7:
- Fixed DHCP module that mistakenly requested name server (option 5) instead of DNS server (option 6).
- Minor user interface fixes for systems with large fonts enabled.
- When scanning for shared folders administrative shares are no longer shown (reverted to version 4.x behaviour).
- Fixed 'argument out of range' message when scanning for shared folders.
1. NetLimiter 126.96.36.199 Final
2. UltraVNC 188.8.131.52
3. WeFi 184.108.40.206
4. Wireshark 1.12.4
5. The Dude 4.0 Beta 3