Our free software, Sophos Anti-Rootkit scans, detects and removes any rootkit that is hidden on your computer using advanced rootkit detection technology.
Rootkits can lie hidden on computers and remain undetected by anti-virus software. Although new rootkits can be prevented from infecting the system, if you had any rootkits before you installed your anti-virus, they may never be revealed.
Removing rootkits without compromising system integrity is particularly challenging and needs to be done with care.
Using Sophos Anti-Rootkit is easy. Whether you use its simple graphical user interface or run it from the command line, you can easily detect and remove any rootkits on your computer.
Sophos Anti-Rootkit provides an extra layer of protection, by safely and reliably detecting and removing any rootkit that might already have hidden itself on your system.
What's New in Sophos Anti-Rootkit 1.5:
- Support for disk and registry scanning on new platforms: Windows Vista, -Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows 7, and Windows 64-bit platforms.
- Sophos Anti-Rootkit uses virus data if Sophos Anti-Virus is installed, and will report threats more specifically than if data is not present.
- Sophos Anti-Rootkit can now scan every file on the disk instead of just the hidden ones, which will potentially find more malware. This option -requires Sophos Anti-Virus to be installed.
1. Emsisoft Anti-Malware 220.127.116.1166
2. Ashampoo AntiSpyWare 2.10
3. Webroot Spy Sweeper 18.104.22.168
4. Spyware Cease 5.0.2
5. AVG Internet Security 2015 15.0 Build 5751